Sunday, June 22, 2008

jal five stars

SIN-NRT and NRT-HKG First Class. Superb service, excellent food and champagne/wine selection. Older style seats, but very well maintained and more comfortable than some of the newer pod seats. Bathrooms look as though they are polished between use. Fantastic new VIP departure service in Singapore and golf cart ride in HK from arrival gate to immigration. I always feel really pampered on this airline.
by Bill Atkins


ORD-NRT-SIN and KUL-NRT-ORD in C. Used miles to upgrade from Y to C, great use of miles. Service excellent on both transpacific sectors, lucky enough to be able to seat 19K, upper deck exit row in the shell seats makes for a very good trip. Best service on NRT-SIN, FA couldn't do enough for me. KUL-NRT is a sleeping sector for me because it's a redeye. I understand the complaints from the Aussie pax about the old C seats, they are most certainly a let down compared to the shell flat seats. Other major JAL complaint is the IFE. I rarely use it but I can see where it might lag compared to other Asian carriers.

by Stephen Ostrander


No comments: